UK Spouse Visa

“Entry Clearance” for spouse or partner

U.S. VisaAn Entry Clearance is a visa issued by the United Kingdom (UK) Border Agency authorizing the husband, wife or civil partner of a permanent resident to enter the country,and to stay and work for a maximum period of two (2) years with the local spouse (UK citizen).

In order to be eligible to petition the foreign spouse, the local spouse must show that he is at least 21 years of age, currently residing and settled in the UK, or will be returning to the UK with the foreign spouse with the intention to live there permanently.

The spouses or partners must prove that:

  1. They are legally married to each other or are registered civil partners
  2. They intend to live together as man and wife, or as civil partners
  3. That they have met each other personally before coming to the UK
  4. They have sufficient means to financially support each other

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Manila Visa explains that after the two-year probationary period of stay in the UK, the couple may apply for an “Indefinite Leave to Remain” or ILR, if they decide to permanently stay in the country.

If the couple decided to live in the UK on a permanent basis, they will be directed to provide other essential documents, as well as pass the standard test required for all ILR applicants called, “the Life in the UK Test.”

The spouses or partners must prove that:

  1. That the couple have been married/ or has formed the civil partnership for four (4) years or more
  2. That these four years were spent together by the couple outside the UK
  3. That they are now returning to the UK to permanently settle
  4. That the spouse or partner has sufficient knowledge of the English language (except if spouse is 65 years old or over)

Thus, if the spouses prove they possess the foregoing grounds, they will be granted permission to live permanently in the UK as soon as they arrive in the country.

There are several ways to apply for a UK visa. The application may be submitted in person, by courier, by post, or online.

Potential applicants are advised not to submit documents which are false or counterfeit since the UK Border Agency is very strict with regard to these matters.

It would be better for the applicant to just show proof of loss of the said document rather than submit a false document.

The UK Border Agency will not hesitate to ban the applicant and automatically refuse the application once the fake documents are discovered since said acts are in complete violation of immigration laws of the UK.

The following supporting documents are required for the approval of the Entry Clearance:

  • Birth Certficate (original)
  • Marriage Certficate (original)
  • Recent Bank Statement
  • Letters to Prove Relation with the Applicant (foreign spouse)
  • Divorce Certificate (if applicable)
  • Death Certificate of Former Spouse (if applicable)

Dependent children of applicants for an Entry Clearance who are under 18 years of age and unmarried may also enter the UK together with the parent applying for the Entry Clearance, as long as any of the instances below are present:

  • Birth Certficate (original)
  • One of the parents is living and settled in the UK, while the other parent is applying at the same time with the minor child

The parents can support the minor without assistance from public funds ..

Comments are closed.